KITCHEN DRAIN CLOGS-WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Main Causes Of Kitchen Drain Clogs & Information on Orlando Drain Cleaning
Kitchen drain clog is one of the most common problems home occupants face. The problem can range from a simple clog to a very major clog. The good news is that the clogging can be prevented and stopped from occurring again.
A majority of the causes of clogs do not happen just in one day but over a period of time.
To get the solution to the clogging of your kitchen drain, you must understand the causes. Some of the common causes are:
1. Food leftovers washed down the drain. These food pieces become trapped down the drainage pipe system stopping the flow of water.
2. Fat was going down the drain as a liquid then condensing when already in the drainage pipe system. The solid fat then fills the pipe after a period of time blocking the drainage.
3. A caustic soap that soaks into mass and starts to erode the iron pipe. The eroded metal then becomes a wet mass that fills the pipe. This increases in mass after a period of time making the pipe be blocked. This, however, only applies to drainages that use metal pipes but not plastic pipes.
4. Kitchen drainage clogging can also be caused by poor installation of the drainage system. The kitchen drainage systems have areas where joints are made. If the joints are not smooth on the inside, the rough part can stop the washed down substances from moving down the drainage at ease causing clogs.
Here’s a video on how to unclog a kitchen sink :
How To Prevent Kitchen Drain Clogs
It is always considered cheaper to prevent the kitchen drain clogs than clearing the drainage when it is already clogged. The prevention needs to be a daily routine as it represents one of the most important ways of safeguarding your kitchen drainage.
Some of the ways to prevent the kitchen drain logs include:
- Avoid letting food particles down the kitchen drainage. You should always use a drain strainer to keep out the food particles from running down the drainage.
- Always make sure you run hot water down the sink after every use. Hot water prevents any solidified oil from clogging the drainage. The hot water will be able to liquefy the oil particles in the drainage making them not to clog your kitchen drainage.
- Throw a handful of baking powder through the sink after use as baking powder is a good cleaning agent. Using baking powder will not only clean your kitchen drainage but also prevent odors that sometimes come out of unclean sinks.
- Make sure that your kitchen drainage is fixed correctly. If there is a problem with the joints of the drainage pipes, there is a likely chance of having kitchen drainage clogs often. Get a specialist plumber to do your plumbing work when building your home to avoid future drainage issues. For the case of an already fixed kitchen drainage with the clogging problem, it is better to consider doing the kitchen drainage renovation as this will save you money used in unclogging your drainage after every short time.
More related articles about Drain Cleaning here :