Among the various standards for brass ball valves are the standard number GB/T15185-1994, standard number JB/T8861-2004 and standard number NF/E29-354-2003.
The working of a brass ball valve is similar to a regular ball valve. It is a kind of quarter turn valve with a ball in the fluid flow passageway.
There is a hole in the valve which helps in opening and closing of the valve. When the ball is positioned in such a way that the hole of the valve is aligned with the passageway, the fluid simply flows through the hole which means that the valve is open. On the other hand when the hole is positioned in such a way that it is perpendicular to the passageway then the fluid stops flowing and this means that the valve is closed. These valves are excellent when it comes to functions like throttling control, shutoff, and fluid control.
Advantages of brass ball valves
- Fluid resistance of this type of valve is very low in fact the full bore valve has practically no resistance at all
- The brass ball valve has less weight and a simple structure which makes it very easy to operate and repair.
- The seal and ball of the valve are close to each other which makes the valve very reliable and it does not erode easily with the working medium
- It is very useful where regular application and rapid opening and closing is required
- The mounting direction does not limit the flow direction of medium and it is very casual.
These are the reasons why brass ball valves are widely used in residential and light commercial applications. Typically the services attained from the brass ball valves include: multi purpose shut off valve which is widely used in domestic hot and cold water systems. It is also used in natural or bottled gas and compressed air systems on an industrial scale.
There are many companies that specialize in the manufacture and supply of brass ball valves and other types of valves. Of course the essential function of these valves of any kind is to control and regulate the flow of fluids. However, different types of valves are used in different situations with different fluids and also different applications.
Usually the contact information of the companies manufacturing and supplying these valves is mentioned on their websites. You can call them up and discuss your requirements with them. Their friendly staff usually is happy to provide you with the information that you require about the different types of valves and their usage. You can also conduct some research on the internet for gleaning this information. There are many articles and blogs that provide information about different types of valves and their best usage.